1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam comes on during standby

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Holly3278, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. Not too long ago, I started using System Standby with my Windows XP Professional computer. I have a Logitech Quickcam 3000 Pro webcam attatched to one of my USB Ports. Well, whenever I put my computer in Standby mode, my webcam turns itself on and it stays on even when I bring the computer out of Standby mode. I am wanting to figure out how I can at least make the webcam shut off when it comes out of Standby but I would really like to prevent it from coming on during Standby at all. I have noticed that when I turn on my computer, the webcam also comes on. However, it does turn itself back off before Windows comes on. If anyone could please help me figure this problem out, I'd greatly appreciate it. I did a search on Microsoft Knowledge Base but I didn't find anything. Later.

2. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Ok I get the feeling nobody can help me here. :( I really need to get this problem figured out! Somebody please help me!

3. Ash_11

Ash_11

Have you tried to send an email to Logitech Tech Support?

4. Ash_11

Ash_11

Your not alone with this problem. I found this on the Logitech forum (Page 12 Sept. 8), I can't post the link, it doesn't go directly to the site but rather the main page of the forum. But there was no response to the question. I would still recommend emailing them, they are pretty good with their support.

QuickCam Pro 3000 & Power Saving Sep 8, 2003 Ronald W
    Hi guys, I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000. After I put my computer into suspend mode (suspend-to-ram, i.e. all fans, HDD, vga, CPU, etc are off except for ram), the logitech QuickCam Pro does is always "on" after waking the computer up. Supposedly I should be in power saving mode even when the computer is in full operation mode, unless the camera is requested by an application. So is there a way to fix this? Or is it a bug in the Logitech drivers?
    My system specs are:

- Intel P4 1.8A
    - Asus P4T533-C
    - Topower 370W PSU
    - Asus GeForce FX 5200 Video Suite

etc...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice