Webcam gone?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

A_Barth

So I have a HP laptop that I bought in September, it came with a webcam already in it. The webcam worked just perfectly fine until a couple of days ago.
It disappeared from my startup list which was unusual, so I tried looking for it in the programs and had no luck, opened every folder, nothing.
I checked my recycle bin to see if for some reason it was deleted, and it's not there, and the bin is full of other old pictures I had deleted(I never empty my recycle bin for just in case things like this).
I went to the search button typed in all sorts of various names it could go under, and it always came up empty handed or just showed my webcam pictures, but not the webcam device.
So I went to device manager, it's there, and it says it's working properly. I clicked update driver to see if this would help at all, and it says it's already up to date.
I try to disable it and enable it to see if it would pop back up(which required a restart that I did do), and still nothing.

I'm getting very frustrated and confused and I am very much in need of my webcam.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Your computer specifications shows a HP Pavilion a375c - which is a desktop.

What's the model name and model number of your HP laptop? If you don't know for sure, advise what the product/part number on the sticker is.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A_Barth

Oh I originally signed up to get help on a desktop, which is why that's there(already fixed).

I think the laptop is dv4 1430us.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Here is the support and software site for the HP Pavilion dv4-1430us laptop. I highly suggest that you save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

You didn't mention which operating system is installed(XP, Vista, 7) and if it's 32-bit or 64-bit. The product specifications site says it came with Vista Home Premium SP1(64-bit).

Here is the section on webcam problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online