1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

webcam installation.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by enforcer911, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enforcer911

enforcer911 Thread Starter

I`ve been trying to install this stupid hival webcam to my pc for like 3 months now.I`m trying to find my setup.exe file..can you help me.I need get this cam working.thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do you have the cd that came with it?

3. enforcer911

ya..but for some reason the pc is not picking it up.I`m trying to install it manually.I went to my Run and was looking for my setup,exe but cant find it.all I see is the useual files.

4. ~Candy~

Pop into my computer and double click on the cd drive.....can you see a setup.exe from there? What does the top of the disk say?

5. enforcer911

the only thing I see is setupxlg.txt.....damn.wheres my setup.exe at.

6. ~Candy~

Is there an install file? Did this disk come with the camera? What does the top of it read?

7. enforcer911

I went to my c and d drives on my computer and still dont see that setup.exe..even on all files...wtf

8. enforcer911

I got the installation cd tell me how to run it manually.

9. ~Candy~

I could be of more help if you would answer my questions.......

I don't quite understand why you'd be looking on the c drive for a setup.exe file for the camera if you have the driver disk on a cd.......

:confused:

I went to their website, but all their download pages won't download........they do offer live support.......

http://www.hival.com/support.asp

10. enforcer911

Ya.I even tryed the add/remove program..but cant get the web info on my pc..man I hate this.I had this cam 4 3 months now.and I still can get it 2 work.

11. enforcer911

I checked my computer.aparently I have no Imagine divice manager..now what the hell do .

12. ~Candy~

I consider myself a very patient person........but, I feel like I'm 'talking' to myself........as I indicated earlier, I could help you better if you'd take the time to answer my questions.

Can you take a look at start button, settings, control panel, system, device manager, your cdrom, properties, configuration, is auto insert checked? If not, check it and restart the computer....leave the camera cd in the drive.

13. enforcer911

ya,I went to that site.but there no help.I tryed to dl the quick install at lease to a floppy.no dice.I`ll call them..thanks.

14. enforcer911

ya,I went to my cd-rom and the option `disconnect` and auto insert was checked...do I uncheck them.

15. ~Candy~

No, auto insert should be checked.......I don't understand why the cd won't auto run, unless it's not the correct cd......

What are the directories you have listed on the cd?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice