Webcam issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ever5588

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4056 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1804 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 290204 MB, Free - 233650 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc.,
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
Ok I have been trying to open my webcam and it tells me that I need to plug in supported device, but it's a built in webcam. I have tried going into device manager and there is nothing on the list that anyone has told me to click on to update.

Hi,

Have you ever opened the webcam successfully? Do you install the driver for the webcam?You can have a check.
In addition, you can update your webcam driver to the latest through the brand of the webcam.

You'd better check in Setup/Settings (BIOS/CMOS) as you boot to see whether there
is an enable/disable for your camera.

Good luck!

ever5588

Yes I have opened it before when I first got the laptop last summer up to two months ago. Can you explain step by step to get where I need to check that?

ever5588

I'm still lost. It's just going to stay messed up, because I didn't understand any of that last message. Thank you for trying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts