1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam Issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Regla_de_ocha, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Regla_de_ocha

Regla_de_ocha Thread Starter

Hi there,

Basically, i've been having trouble connecting my webcam over msn to one specific person. I can connect fine mostly to others- and so can she. But everytime we attempt to connect our cams to each other, the window gets to the loading/waiting for contact part and then closes the cam. This is becoming incredibly frustrating! Any ideas? Could it be to do with ports? And if so, how can I fix it? If you need any additional info, feel free to ask.

Thanks, Ocha.

P.s. I wasn't sure how to class this- I think it may be a network issue, but i'll put it under hardware anyway.

2. Woodham

Woodham

3. Regla_de_ocha

Thanks for the reply. I thought NAT might be the answer too, but i'm not too sure about how to go about fixing that- my experience with NAT stretches as far as configuring my xbox 360. I'm not too sure about it though- I'm definately no expert on pc's or networking, so specific fixes, if possible, would be very handy.

4. Regla_de_ocha

Any other ideas out there?

5. Regla_de_ocha

Still no luck out there? This is killing me :p

Updates:
    I've tried Turning UPnP back on (still not sure why it was off), but no luck. I've also opened port 5100 on my anti-virus, that's the only other advice I could find.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice