1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam not working. fml.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lafonda, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lafonda

Lafonda Thread Starter

Alright, so, I have no idea where to ask this question.. so I just asked it here. But, anyways, my laptop has a webcam built in it, and I've never had a problem with it up until now. I've had it for over a year. Now, when I open the webcam, it displays a lime green screen. I have tried re starting my computer, opening and closing the webcam, and even hitting it. Nothing is working. Please help me. I'm illiterate when it comes to technology.

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    The application for your cam has a lime green screen or the whole notebook screen goes lime green when you start the cam up?

Not a good idea hitting the web cam in the lid there, have you uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them?

What make is the notebook? what have you done in the way of updates/adding programs, since this problem started?

Beanie

3. Lafonda

Lafonda Thread Starter

uhhm, when i open the webcam on the computer, the screen is green. like, where youre supposed to see me, its green. and where would i uninstall it..

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi Lafonda

Did not know if you meant the whole screen or just the screen in web cam program, i am presuming you have fiddled about with the settings with the cam already maybe just re-installing them again and if anything missing it should pick it up, you should have got a disc with the cam or notebook if its one that is inbuilt you don't have much info about it.

Beanie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/999391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice