Webcam not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tr1ck-5t3r

My integrated webcam isnt working. Everytime i open it it says we cant find your camera .The error code says 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. I cant find the camera listed in the device manager.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Is the camera listed within device manager? If not then check further under View>Show hidden devices.
Some suggestions:
Have you allowed apps to access the camera (& microphone) under Settings>Privacy?
Is there a key which if clicked will disable the camera?
What’s the make & model of the laptop?

tr1ck-5t3r

no, its not listed in device manager.

its not under hidden devices either

yes, i have allowed access to apps

I don't see any such key

the device is use is Acer Aspire 3 A315-53-VU

tr1ck-5t3r

Is the camera listed within device manager? If not then check further under View>Show hidden devices.
Some suggestions:
Have you allowed apps to access the camera (& microphone) under Settings>Privacy?
Is there a key which if clicked will disable the camera?
What’s the make & model of the laptop?
no, its not listed in device manager.

its not under hidden devices either

yes, i have allowed access to apps

I don't see any such key

the device is use is Acer Aspire 3 A315-53-VU

plodr

Liz
Just double check that it hasn't been disabled in the BIOS. I routinely do this for the cameras on netbooks. (That was before 2020 and all the Zoom meetings!)

managed

Allan
Try this, switch the laptop off, disconnect the power cable, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then switch it on again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online