webcam problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gopher1

good day all and here's hoping you all have a very happy New Year:p
Anyway , here is my dilemma. My father received a webcamera for Christmas, as did I, but for some reason his audio works sometime and sometime it does not. That is to say , he can hear me but I cannot hear him, we are both on msn. Also he uses Norton security, could that be a problem? Last night we both had to sign out and then sign back in and it worked. Today even that did not happen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Merry Christmas all
gopher1

I have found from using both MSN and Yahoo Messenger that Yahoo is much better in voice quality whether on DSL link or DIAL-UP link. With MSN we found that there was a lot of voice clipping which left one person trying to figure out what the other one said. Just my observation.
Bruce

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.