1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

webcam registry problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by veggieboy2001, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veggieboy2001

veggieboy2001 Thread Starter

I am getting the message: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" for my logitech c310 webcam. I am running a Windows7 upgrade (from Vista) on a Dell xps 420. Doing a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller Pro and a clean reinstall didn't help.:( Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!
    Anthony

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

I Googled this error and the following procedure fixed the error for a couple of individuals. See what you think.

Device Manager displays the following message in the Device Properties dialog box, on the General tab, in the Device Status text box:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19)

Diagnosis
    Data in the registry for the device and its driver have been damaged.

Resolution
    A registry problem was detected. This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service registry entry, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service registry entry.

Try these options:

Click Uninstall, and then click Scan for hardware changes to load a usable driver.

If the device is a CD or DVD drive, follow the procedure in Article ID 929461 on the Microsoft Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=192798).

Restart the computer in Safe Mode, and then select Last Known Good Configuration. This rolls back to the most recent successful registry configuration.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice