Webcam Resolution Problem

benevalent

I bought a 1080p webcam
but when i test it on my computer it just view as 480p (the video is zoomed in)
but when i test it on the store where i bought it is really 1080p and the video is not zoom in.
i install the driver on windows update and it tells that it is updated.
i already install and unistall also, doesnt works
i also try it to insert in the usb 2.0 port still not working.
hope you can help me on this thank you

try to used driver easy software tells that all drivers are updated

using windows 10 64bit.

Oddba11

Jim
Resolution (or zoom) would be controlled by the software accessing the cam.

benevalent

Thank you for the answer sir,

but there are no options of 1080p for snap camera or even in windows camera
the max resolution is 480p only.
i attached a screenshot.

any other option sir?

1596147099027.png

Oddba11

Jim
I'm not familiar with Snap Camera. It appears to be a standalone software which work in conjunction with what video software that you are using.

Having said that, I'd say that the camera is not 1080P or the drivers supplied don't list all of the proper resolutions. I'd suspect a driver issue as the camera is listed with a generic name. For example, if you had a "Logitech C920" webcam, the drop down box would show "Logitech C920". The fact that you are seeing a generic name, leads me to believe that you have a generic non-branded webcam or there is a driver issue.

plodr

Liz
Going to the website I see this
Hardware: Minimum of Intel Core i3 2.5Ghz or AMD FX 4300 2.6Ghz with 4 GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia GeForce 710 / AMD Radeon HD 6450; screen resolution of 1280x768 or higher

Please list your CPU and your graphics card.

benevalent

I'm not familiar with Snap Camera. It appears to be a standalone software which work in conjunction with what video software that you are using.

Having said that, I'd say that the camera is not 1080P or the drivers supplied don't list all of the proper resolutions. I'd suspect a driver issue as the camera is listed with a generic name. For example, if you had a "Logitech C920" webcam, the drop down box would show "Logitech C920". The fact that you are seeing a generic name, leads me to believe that you have a generic non-branded webcam or there is a driver issue.

yes sir this is not branded webcam it is 1080p since when we test it on the store where i bought it, its 1080p, i thought is just about usb port, but i also try to used it on other computer and its show that it is 1080p,
different driver updater software also tells that the driver for my webcam is updated.
any other options sir?

plodr

Liz
You have yet to tell us if your hardware supports 1080p.

The camera is capable of 1080p and shown in the store. That doesn't mean your hardware will support 1080p.

benevalent

yes sir, i bought previously a camera that is 1080 which is also generic brand, thats why i bought a new one
thank you

benevalent

this is the hardware id of the webcam
USB\VID_1908&PID_2311&REV_0100&MI_00

any help is appreciated thank you

benevalent

as i was saying above sir i test it in the store where i bought it and it is 1080p.
maybe its usb port, driver. i dont know
anyway thank you for your feedback

Oddba11

Jim
As noted in post #5, provide the computer specs.

The camera may be 1080P (although the id shows it isn't), but the computer hardware ALSO needs to support 1080P.

benevalent

as stated above this is my second webcam, since i have a previous one that runs 1080p also
this is my specs hope this helps
thank you sir for accommodating my question

1597101370252.png

Oddba11

Jim
OK. So we are back where we started.

The hardware id you noted above would seem to indicate the hardware is not 1080P. I know that you say you have apparently tested that cam in the store and it worked at 1080P. But the hardware id and the webcam software are showing us (and you) and it is either not 1080P, it's faulty, or it is being recognized improperly.

Test it on another computer and see if it is recognized properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online