1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Yohannez, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yohannez

Yohannez Thread Starter

Hello,

Yesterday I purchased the Logitech Quickcam Messenger and after working fine initially several problems occured.

First of all, after a minute of using it with MSN messenger 6.1 showing it to friends, Messenger came to a complete stop. Closing Messenger using task manager was of no use and shutting the system (windows XP) down the official way didn't work either, XP couldn't shut down 'LVcomSWX.exe', and therefore XP wouldn't shut down.

Having encountered this, i downloaded and installed the latest software from the logitech website, furthermore installing messenger 6.1 again, but of no use. They still don't seem to work together.

But now, the software for the camera is creating problems as well. I can start the software, but when i click on Quickcapture, the Logitech software comes to a standstill. I can now only shut it down using taskmanager.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is going wrong here, do i have a faulty webcam, is it the software?
    Thanks very much in advance

Johannes Visser

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

Had a small problem with logitech camera I installed and the site above helped out a lot. The only thing I didn't like was they put backweb. lite on my computer which is considered spyware. Spybot S&D picked it up, about 16 different items pertaining to backweb were installed. Had spybot get rid of them, no problems whatsoever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice