1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

webcam

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ziggy10030, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ziggy10030

ziggy10030 Thread Starter

HP Pavillion Notebook, Vista.
    Webcam was working fine till last week. On skype, red diagnal line accross camera icon. When I click it, my picture flashed on my friend's computer then goes out.

Across the screen is. Video settings webcam: cyberlink webcam file Can't start video. Try closing other programsthat might be using your webcam. (No other programs on) Also, cannot find webcam in control panel.

2. madmin

madmin

Have you tried reinstalling the webcam's software?

3. ziggy10030

Thanks Madmin.
    I don't have any software. The webcam is built in and came with all the programs loaded. Everything worked fine for over 3 years and something happened over the past week or so.

4. madmin

madmin

Is it not found in device manager either?

5. ziggy10030

I checked Device Manager. Unless I missed something, there is nothing in the directory that even resembles a term for a webcam.

6. madmin

madmin

I think it would be under "Image Devices" if it was installed.
    I did a quick search. HP webcam drivers.. I don't know if they're the correct drivers or not, but try installing and see if it does anything.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice