webcam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ziggy10030

HP Pavillion Notebook, Vista.
Webcam was working fine till last week. On skype, red diagnal line accross camera icon. When I click it, my picture flashed on my friend's computer then goes out.

Across the screen is. Video settings webcam: cyberlink webcam file Can't start video. Try closing other programsthat might be using your webcam. (No other programs on) Also, cannot find webcam in control panel.

ziggy10030

Thanks Madmin.
I don't have any software. The webcam is built in and came with all the programs loaded. Everything worked fine for over 3 years and something happened over the past week or so.

ziggy10030

I checked Device Manager. Unless I missed something, there is nothing in the directory that even resembles a term for a webcam.

I think it would be under "Image Devices" if it was installed.
I did a quick search. HP webcam drivers.. I don't know if they're the correct drivers or not, but try installing and see if it does anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online