1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Flyboy78, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flyboy78

Flyboy78 Thread Starter

Does anyone know a particular webcam compatible with a 6 year old Compaq Presario system with a MMX Pentium 233 processor, 64mb ram, 2.98gb harddrive with 2.0gb of free space, Acer 50X cd rom, 28.8k modem, W-98 2d. edition OS, and creative soundblaster 16pci sound card? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive or streaming video....just something that will work resonably well on my system. Two to three second frames is fine.

2. putasolution

putasolution

I'll be honest you miight struggle to find one that can only use a 28.8k modem. It may well be time to update your modem too.

Does your PC have USB ports as that again is becoming the norm and many cameras only use it

3. Flyboy78

Flyboy78 Thread Starter

putasolution: thanks for the suggestion about upgrading my modem. But, I thot the main concern for a cam was size of processor and memory. But, that shows you how much I know about computers. I tried upgrading to a 56k modem 2 or 3 times about 3 or 4 years ago and had constant connection problems (several attempts to connect, staying connected etc.) went back to the original 28.8k modem and solved "all" of those problems. Also, my surfing wasn't any faster either. I was doing the upgrade mysef so I don't know if I just didn't get some things correct during installation or if my system just won't accept a 56k modem and function properly. I will check with a computer shop and see if they think they can do anything with it. Thanks again. Flyboy78:confused:

4. Ash_11

Ash_11

try here:

www.logitech.com

there are three models that should work:
    1. Quickcam Messenger
    2. Quickcam Zoom
    3. Quickcam Express (lower end model)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!