1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webcams -- Where to Start??

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by SweaterVest014, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SweaterVest014

SweaterVest014 Thread Starter

I am upgrading my iMac G5 to Leopard and installing 2 GB's of RAM in the process... well, before I insert the disk actually... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm wondering about getting a webcam as my Mac does not have one. I have no clue where to start, but I know that it does not have to be great... I won't use it too much, maybe once per week video conferencing with some friends and family.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    SweaterVest :)

2. jfm429

jfm429

Just about any should do, I don't think there are any new ones that don't work with the Mac. Post which one you decide on and someone should know if it is or not.

Also, look for one of the old external iSight cameras - they're still available, and they're really nice (if you can get one).

3. SoltoN

SoltoN

agreed, iSights are some of the nicest cams made. If you cnat find one of those within your price range, look at some of the logitech offerings.

4. jfm429

jfm429

Apple should start making standalone iSights again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/713056