1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webpage won't work on vista any help appreciated Thank you

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by TEEBEE999, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TEEBEE999

TEEBEE999 Thread Starter

Hi
    For some reason this page won't work on Vista/XP ONLY ON WINDOWS 7 & MAC Its the intro page so to speak of a website and I can't link the rest of the site to it until I can get it working cross browser. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many Thanks in anticipation. This is the url http://www.cliftonkarate.co.uk/NewSite/index.html
    T

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    It works fine for me on XP with Firefox 18 and Safari. IE7 throws an error so it is a browser rather than an OS issue. You need to check your code is compatible with early versions of IE or advise your visitors to use alternative browsers.

3. TEEBEE999

TEEBEE999 Thread Starter

Thanks Colin, much appreciated, although won't work with Vista on safari ect. Any ideas about that. :)

4. TEEBEE999

TEEBEE999 Thread Starter

Also the page loads but the doors don't slide open, is that working in XP, apologies for the questions. TY

5. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    On my XP the page loads and the doors open and close and I can click on the adults and juniors and get the js popup in both Firefox and Safari but in IE the browser throws an error. There fore it is code incompatibility which is well known for IE the least standards compliant browser of all.

6. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Love your graphic effects and Colin is right about MSIE non conforming, particularly the early versions, but also look at how MSIE is handling your javascript.
    Just a hint, but you may want to centre your page - it shows aligned left by default. Here's a nice snippet about how to centre your page:)

7. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
  8. ckphilli

ckphilli

Here's a good start (blew up in IE 7 and 8, worked fine in IE 9 and chrome.

Code:
    SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'play' 
    index.html, line 87 character 13
    SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'play' 
    index.html, line 92 character 13
    I would start by commenting those functions and debug from there. By the way, I like the effects also.

9. TEEBEE999

TEEBEE999 Thread Starter

Thanks again Colin

10. TEEBEE999

TEEBEE999 Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for your comments and help/suggestions. Will post back when it's sorted (y)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice