1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webpages don't load correctly.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 10210, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 10210

10210 Thread Starter

In need of help! I just got Charter internet, with wifi. The speed says 65mbps and signal appears good. I also got a new laptop, Toshiba Satellite C55-B, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70 GHz 1.70Ghz. Windows 7, with Internet Explorer browser (currently downloading Chrome, but taking forever). I have done all the updates.

When I get online, some pages load very quickly, but when I click on anything it takes forever to load or does not load at all. Some websites partially load. When I type in some websites nothing happens. I have tried troubleshooting and have come up with nothing. I do not get any kind of error messages, the page just acts like it is loading but nothing happens. I am at a loss. I do not know if it is my connection or my laptop. I wondered if there were some settings on the laptop that I need to change, being that it is brand new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. However, I am not very tech savvy, so details would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

We always blame ourselves but sometimes the service we pay for is not of the quality we would like.So before making changes to your new computer settings check for the service status in your area.The signal icon in the task bar only tells you the signal from your router.

https://downdetector.com/status/charter-communications

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest ethernet (and wireless) drivers from Toshiba's web site.

From where did you get a new non-"business" laptop with Windows 7?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    To add to TerryNet's question:

You didn't provide the complete model number of that laptop, but I believe that model series comes with Windows 8.1.

What's the complete model number on it?

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice