webpages on taskbar won't open-pg file 1GB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RyanC321

I have 14 web pages on my taskbar minimized in one group. Most of them won't open when I click on the taskbar and they pop up and wheni click on the web site name to open the web page. I've tried right-clicking on the web page name and then 'restore' or 'maximiz'. Some of the pages open and most others won't.

Using internet explorer version: 6.0.2900.2100.xp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 Update SP2

My Computer:
win xp home sp2 computer with “ASROCK” socket 775VM800 motherboard with
“VIA P4M800 Chipset”.
Processor: P4 2.66 ghz with 800 mhz FSB, 1.4 GB RAM, onboard video RAM 64 MB

Also I checked the windows task manager and my page file is 1 GB. That seems to be very big to me though I know nothing about it. I just checked and remembered my friend told me to set the page file at 2048 MB, which is what it is at. At one point when I first tried to set this, It wouldn't let me. This was long ago. So now I don't know why it is accepting it now.

The CPU performance was about 4% I think.

Attached is the performance screenshot.

This has happened before when web pages would not open when over 10 were in the same group on the taskbar.

Attachments

Using IE6 these 14 pages are being put into cache and if the cache gets to its limits some of the sites may be truncated or dumped. At least this is what I think is happening. I would suggest upgrading to IE7 that uses tabbed browsing and should handle a bunch of pages without doing this to the pages.

I would get the download thru Microsoft not windows update at the following page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online