1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

webpages on taskbar won't open-pg file 1GB

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RyanC321, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

I have 14 web pages on my taskbar minimized in one group. Most of them won't open when I click on the taskbar and they pop up and wheni click on the web site name to open the web page. I've tried right-clicking on the web page name and then 'restore' or 'maximiz'. Some of the pages open and most others won't.

Using internet explorer version: 6.0.2900.2100.xp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 Update SP2

My Computer:
    win xp home sp2 computer with “ASROCK” socket 775VM800 motherboard with
    “VIA P4M800 Chipset”.
    Processor: P4 2.66 ghz with 800 mhz FSB, 1.4 GB RAM, onboard video RAM 64 MB

Also I checked the windows task manager and my page file is 1 GB. That seems to be very big to me though I know nothing about it. I just checked and remembered my friend told me to set the page file at 2048 MB, which is what it is at. At one point when I first tried to set this, It wouldn't let me. This was long ago. So now I don't know why it is accepting it now.

The CPU performance was about 4% I think.

Attached is the performance screenshot.

This has happened before when web pages would not open when over 10 were in the same group on the taskbar.

Attached Files:

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Using IE6 these 14 pages are being put into cache and if the cache gets to its limits some of the sites may be truncated or dumped. At least this is what I think is happening. I would suggest upgrading to IE7 that uses tabbed browsing and should handle a bunch of pages without doing this to the pages.

I would get the download thru Microsoft not windows update at the following page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice