1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webrebate

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by leannemarie, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leannemarie

leannemarie Thread Starter

I have a problem my p.c is flooded with things from webrebate :( , the problem is that I can't run adaware because my p.c has a problem and keeps freezing before it can complete. Is there nothing I can do to fix it quicker, like say 10 minutes?

I'd be so grateful for any help,

Leanne-marie

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Possibly You will need AdAware SE personal and Spybot Search and Destroy, both.

And you will need to post a Hijackthis log.

I dont think you will make it in 10 possibly 30 minutes is that OK?

3. leannemarie

Hi, Thankyou for you help but my crappy pc cant run anything longer than 10 mins :( I searched for it and deleted it but we'll have to see if it comes back. If it does is my p.c just a lost cause due to its freezing?

4. Byteman

Hi, Simply make a new folder, the desktop is OK provided you create a new folder to hold it, name it just HJT and download to that. Right click on empty place of desktop, select New>Folder and rename that to HJT> run Hijackthis.exe from that folder to create and save a logfile which can then be opened in Notepad and copy/pasted to a reply here in this thread, right here....

Downloads:

HJT
    http://tools.radiosplace.com/HijackThis.exe

Just post the log from HJT for now, do NOT use it to remove anything unless you are familiar with it!!!!!!!!

Get these and install etc.
    AdAware SE personal free edition:
    and SpyBot Search and Destroy

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

There are some directions, and you must run the online updates for each program before scanning with them.

5. Byteman

hi,
    I realize your pc cannot stay on longer than 10 minutes...just posting links and info for later when possibly it can. If you can post a log with HJT, we can sort things out and possibly get you running for longer periods of time.

Save a Favorite to your thread or to TSG so you can find us in case anything happens.

When you get HJT start in Safe Mode, pc may run longer that way....

Get to safe mode: Tap F8 key several times at bootup and give it plenty of time to get to safe mode...video is different, never mind how it looks....

HJT runs OK in safe mode so you can fix things and save a log, but you will have to restart to post the log.

Hijack this fits on a floppy disk is there another pc you can download it with? It's very small and you may just be able to download it right now, try....

When you get it downloaded, try to run it, just be sure you are offline, no Internet windows open at all.

You do need to post a log though....so we can tell you what to remove. Usually there is something else besides WerRebates....

I can also show you a recent thread here with just the WebRebates common items you could look for in a run with HJT and remove those if you wish.

6. leannemarie

Ok Thankyou!

Leanne-marie :)

7. leannemarie

Hey, just thought I'd let you know I've given up on Mr.Freeze and my lovely father is buying me a laptop lol

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice