1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Webroot Spysweeper locking up when I try to update through the program...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Holly3278, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I have Webroot Spysweeper 3.2. I had Webroot Spysweeper 3.0 when this problem started this evening. I tried to update the definitions through the program by going to the Options panel and then clicking the update button from there but it doesn't seem to respond for a few seconds so I opened up the Task Manager and Task Manager reported that it wasn't responding. I gave it a little longer and it still hadn't responded at all. Also, any attempts at minimizing or shutting down the program from the program itself failed. Essentially the entire program froze up. It did not freeze up my entire computer. So I tried to update the program. It got stuck saying it was trying to launch a window to check for updates. I ended up having to close it out with Task Manager. Then I went online and checked for updates at Webroot's website and found Webroot Spysweeper 3.2 and downloaded it in the hopes that it would fix my problem. This did not help. So I restarted and it still did not help. Also, Norton Internet Security 2004 is not causing the problem because I have it configured to give Webroot Spysweeper full permissions to the Internet. Also, I have had Spysweeper for a few months now and have never experienced this problem before. I know that I have enough RAM as well. I was checking for definitions after the scheduled scan because I had just thought about it. The scan completed with no problems. I have sent a tech support e-mail to Webroot but figured that I could get an answer faster from here. Any help you all can provide will be greatly appreciated.

2. John Burns

John Burns

I am sorry I don't know the answer - just wanted to tell you, I have SpySweeper (for over a year now - also have their WindowWasher) and Webroot has always been super good in getting back to me when I have a question or a problem. Hopefully they will get back to you sooner than you anticipate.

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me yet. :(

4. John Burns

John Burns

Do you have a firewall? They indicate on their site sometimes that is a problem. You might try disabling the firewall, updating definitions and re-enabling your firewall. Check the settings if you have a firewall before you do that though.

5. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Yes I do but I know that my firewall is not causing the problem.

6. John Burns

John Burns

7. J-Son

J-Son

did you install any recent program recently after spysweeper start working right

8. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Do you mean to ask if I installed any program after Spysweeper stopped working right? If yes, then the answer is no. If you mean what you ask, then again, the answer is no. At least I'm pretty sure it's no.

9. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hmm, it seems like it's not freezing up anymore. Maybe I was just being a little impatient.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice