Webshield Errors in Event Viewer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AshGreen

Hello all,

Well abit of background. A customer of ours came to me complaining about network speed issues.

So their event viewer is full of Mcafee Websheild errors, so I think i may as well clear this out in an attempt to clean down their event log to hopefully give us some idea to what the issues are.

They are also running mcafee protection pilot pushing out virus scan enterprise 8/8.5 however this has exceptions in place for the webshield directory as one article i read suggested that the vscanner was removing the emails as webshield tries to scan them. However this did not stop the error...

event veiwer suggests....

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MailScan
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 08/11/2007
Time: 17:26:26
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Description:
WebShield SMTP Service - Scanning failed in ExtractHeader: Illegal character(s) in header

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MailScan
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 08/11/2007
Time: 17:26:26
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Description:
WebShield SMTP Service - Error occurred in Scanning Mail From User: <[email protected]>

I know these are really generic errors, however there are several hundred of them ever afternoon/night

anybody any ideas
ta

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online