1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website being redirected.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mugie44, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mugie44

Mugie44 Thread Starter

So, I think my brother is playing a trick on me. He came over the other day and got on my computer for a minute. Now I dont know how to get rid of his joke.

I recently made a Myspace.com and have been checking it every other day. Now when I type in www.myspace.com it redirects me to an adult site.( I know, he thinks hes a funny sucker)

Can anyone please tell me where I can change this setting. I have loojked but have had no luck.

Thanks in advance

2. guitar21

guitar21

3. guitar21

guitar21

4. guitar21

guitar21

after downloading install ing open program hijack this and select scan copy and paste the text and post it on this page

5. Mugie44

Mugie44 Thread Starter

I left the room when he was on the computer.. When I come back it wont let me go to the site.... I am 99.9 % sure I was not hijacked. Its a setting somewhere in Windows I think or maybe a script... any ideas?

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Have you checked your HOSTS file?
    http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Term_to_Learn/General/Taking_Control_with_the_Hosts_file/

FYI, if your brother visited the wrong kind of site, it could have downloaded and installed a hijacker virus faster than he could have opened, edited and saved your hosts file.

7. Mugie44

Mugie44 Thread Starter

YA I checked my host file and it was clean.:)

I think its a setting somewhere :( The bad news is I have no idea where to look :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537327

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice