Website being redirected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mugie44

So, I think my brother is playing a trick on me. He came over the other day and got on my computer for a minute. Now I dont know how to get rid of his joke.

I recently made a Myspace.com and have been checking it every other day. Now when I type in www.myspace.com it redirects me to an adult site.( I know, he thinks hes a funny sucker)

Can anyone please tell me where I can change this setting. I have loojked but have had no luck.

Thanks in advance

after downloading install ing open program hijack this and select scan copy and paste the text and post it on this page

Mugie44

I left the room when he was on the computer.. When I come back it wont let me go to the site.... I am 99.9 % sure I was not hijacked. Its a setting somewhere in Windows I think or maybe a script... any ideas?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Mugie44 said:
I left the room when he was on the computer.. When I come back it wont let me go to the site.... I am 99.9 % sure I was not hijacked. Its a setting somewhere in Windows I think or maybe a script... any ideas?
Have you checked your HOSTS file?
http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Term_to_Learn/General/Taking_Control_with_the_Hosts_file/

FYI, if your brother visited the wrong kind of site, it could have downloaded and installed a hijacker virus faster than he could have opened, edited and saved your hosts file.

Mugie44

YA I checked my host file and it was clean.:)

I think its a setting somewhere :( The bad news is I have no idea where to look :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online