1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website Cleaning

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Techmx, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techmx

Techmx Thread Starter

I have this my small and newly setup website. Everything was ok for the first 6 months until last December, when signing in and launching the website became problematic and often blocked by my internet security protection. Shortly it became obvious the website has been besieged by spyware/malware attack.

I am not detailed in web development hence I got the guy who helped me develop the site to assist. He promptly cleaned the site, but my respite did not last as the problems started all over again after a couple of days to the extent that the hosting company had to suspend the site until I am able to fix it.

I would appreciate help from folks here in guiding me on how to sort my website and be able to minimize these malware attack and/or safeguard my little baby site. How can I clean the site and update the plugin, Joomla?

The site is a Linux Package, using Joomla. It is a content management package, so I can make reasonable update on the site.
    I look forward to your assistance. Thank you.

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    If it was infected again that quickly then it is highly likely that it wasn't cleaned properly.

You need to get someone who knows what they are doing to sort it for you.

If you want to DIY then I suggest that you need to delete everything from your hosting all files images etc. Do a fresh install of Joomla and set a strong password and then start again. It may sound a bit drastic but if you are not familiar with Joomla then it is probably the safest way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice