1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website creation?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by crashcassady, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crashcassady

crashcassady Thread Starter

I know only the basics about computers, but Im interested in creating a website, or at least trying to. Is there a book I can buy that will walk me through it? Also, is there any preliminary knowledge I need before tackling the actual construction of the site?
    Thanks.

2. e-liam

e-liam

Hi crashcassady, and welcome to TSG.. :)

If you go to Google and type in free web host you will get 135,000 or so hits. Click on any of them (some will obviously be better than others, so have a look round) and you will be building your site in minutes. You will also get lots of handy hints and tips.

It may not be exactly how you would like it to start with, but you can practice your web building skills to your hearts content.

There's nothing to stop you from building a site using more than one of the hosts, and you will get a feel for different aspects of web creation.

This link here takes you to a site designed for teaching kids how to build a web page, and I've just had a look through it and it's excellent. It's ideal for beginners, with everything in plain english.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

One great website to learn from is HTML Goodies (www.htmlgoodies.com). It teaches everything in a simple manner, and also sells it's own books on the subject. Webmonkey (www.webmonkey.com) is also a very good resource once you get into it further.

Needless to say, I reccommend learning HTML for your webpages instead of relying on Microsoft Frontpage or Macromedia Dreamweaver to do it all for you. It does take a little time, but it's worth it. Promise :)

If you have any queries about HTML or anything about web-design/develoment, feel free to post again, and myself and the other guys and gals here will be willing to help.

Have fun :D

4. RSM123

RSM123

5. BillC

BillC

And when you are ready, I've found a great html editor called WebDrwaf that is powerful, easy to use {wysiwyg format}, and free.

6. crashcassady

crashcassady Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone- I have more than enough information to get started now!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice