1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website creator cm4all

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by hitesh.h, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hitesh.h

hitesh.h Thread Starter

Hi Tech guys,

Am Hitesh trying to create a website by using cm4all but not really sure who and what type of website creative website can i create and now i have the basic knowledge of using the tool but the question is how creatively can i create the website

so the question is is there any tutor or a website in which we can see what kind of website can we create by using cm4all

2. jream

jream

Ive never heard of cmforall --
    You will be very limited to what you can make with a "Site Builder" application.
    You could try setting up a WordPress and Downloading a Template, it doesn't take much but everyone does it and calls themself a webdesigner!

3. hitesh.h

hitesh.h Thread Starter

:cool: Cool i will definitely check with that and implement it

4. haswalt

haswalt

I have some experience with cm4all. I would NOT recommend it. I would definately DEMAND you move away from it!

I have had 5 clients come ot us to get their sites fixed as the cm4all provides very poor layouts, bad code, unfriendly urls and very little support.

As jream said try one of the free softwares avaialble:

b2evolution
    Nucleus
    WordPress

Content Management
    Drupal
    Geeklog
    Joomla
    Mambo Open Source
    PHP-Nuke
    phpWCMS
    phpWebSite
    Post-Nuke
    Siteframe
    TYPO3
    Xoops.

I would recommend joomla, drupal or wordpress.

If you have the budget you could pay a "REAL" web designer to do it (good point jream :D)

Then again if you have no budget and don't want to play with wordpress, you coudl try something realyl basic like google pages or in built site builder like ClickBe. We use it on our hosting and a lot of people find it very handy.

Harry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738286