1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website embedded .wmv players?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Denver Dave, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denver Dave

Denver Dave Thread Starter

It has been a mystery to me. There are a million (almost) different website flash players out there, but don't seem to find different options for embedded .wmv players. Where is this stuff documented?

I borrowed someone else's approach as an example for embedded wmv and it seems to work, but would like to know more about what I'm doing, the best wmv editors if willing to spend more (I'm using Movie Maker now) and what the presentation options are.

Ideas - suggested resources?

Thanks.

2. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Wait. I'm confused. You want an editor or a player?
    IF you want a website-embedded player, I suggest taking a leaf out of MS Frontpage's book.
    For a WMV editor... got me...

3. Denver Dave

Denver Dave Thread Starter

I'm interested in both, but let's take the embedded wmv player first. I have one working at http://www.bowendirectory.com/?p=7&ID=261&d=1 (have to click to play) - I'm sure I "borrowed" the approach from somewhere else, but no idea what I'm doing or what the presentation options are.

On the editor side, to create windows media videos, I'm currently using movie maker to create the .wmv files, but not sure if I was to spend a little $ if there are better options out there.

Is there a main .wmv community with discussion forums? I had my PC for years and paid for flash editors and players before I realized I had Windows Movie Maker for free already on my PC and for the type of non-interactive videos that I was doing seemed to work as well if not better than Flash.

4. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

I just make .AVI files in Premiere and do some audio in Audition, so I can't help ya with that, sorry. And website design bores me to death. :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!