Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WEBSITE HACKING...

845 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dvk01 
#1 ·
Our website has come under attack recently. We are using WordFence Premium and it works well with Country blocking and blocking individual and range IP addresses.

The problem we are having is blocking IP addresses in the 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 & 192.168.0.0 - 192.169.255.255 ranges. These show up as iana.org, but being iana reserved IP address we are unable to block them through WordFence. I understand that the IP address is merely a shadow, not the real hackers IP address. The problem is the hackers are using this IP and host address to hack our website. They are attaching the login-in, the c/panel and trying to access non existent pages. Do you have any ideas on how to shop them?

Your help is greatly appreciated. If you can't help me can you point me in the right direction as we don't know what to do here.

#3 ·
post your website name so we can take a look and see if anything obvious jumps out. It is not uncommon for what look like attacks to come form other sites on the server. Some servers use local addresses in those formats and frequently what is mistaken as attacks are actually normal processes running that need to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.