1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Marcye, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marcye

Marcye Thread Starter

Okay, so I'm very new at this! I am working in Dreamweaver to create a website to sell aquacultured coral. I have a lot of the basics in, but need to have lots of small boxes with prices under them that I can swap out pics without a lot of problems. I just can't figure out how to make the boxes. Each time I try to refigure the area I want to add boxes to, then the top splinters as well. Thanks for any assisitance!

2. olddirtret

olddirtret

Are you trying to create a shopping cart or are you just making a catalog of items for sale..??

3. Marcye

Marcye Thread Starter

Well, for right now I'll have people call in so I can walk them through what I have. Eventually I'd like to be able to have them placed in a shopping cart, but all that just seems way too complicated right now. Thanks for your help! Marcye

4. Marcye

Marcye Thread Starter

So, I guess that would mean a catalog.

5. olddirtret

olddirtret

There are open source eCommerce software packages that are available free..

OS Commerce Shopping Cart

Agora Shopping Cart

Zen Cart Shopping Cart

Just to name a few.. Check with what ever web hosting service you are using and most of them will support shopping carts. Plus they might have scripts set up to load the package into your domain automatically.

Also shopping carts can be set up as a catalog only and you can require the customer to come to your store to complete the transaction.

6. dannyn

dannyn

7. Marcye

Marcye Thread Starter

Wow, thanks! I'll look into all that right away:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice