Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Website login problem with PC but ok with iPad

Solved 
1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  ayjay47 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20201015113931.000000+000
Processor: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (516 GB Free);
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group A88M, s/n None
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n None
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware, Enabled and Updated

Hello
I am a member of a History site which I've always accessed easily on my PC. I am logged in permanently and so I was surprised a few days ago to find that I was logged out. My problem is that I find when I try to log in I get an error message telling me that my details are not recognised. After a few attempts I contacted the site admins and they advised me to re register using a different email address, username and password so I tried that but I then get a message telling me that there is a problem and to try again later. I have tried several times but to no avail. We also tried clearing the computer cache and cookies. They then advised me to try logging in on a different device so I tried a different computer which has a different Antivirus and except for Windows 10 and Chrome nothing else on the disk but again same error messages. I tried an iPad logging in with my original details and got a message saying that my password was wrong so I changed it and using my original email address and user name and the new password I was able to log in. Thinking the problem was solved I brought the site up on my computer and logged in with the same details used for the iPad but no go, same error messages.:mad: Any advice would be gratefully received. Using the iPad is not really an option for me.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you both for your answers. lunarlander I've used Microsoft Edge and Opera as well as my normal Chrome but I will try Firefox. James I don't use any password extensions and would I have to ask the Moderators at the site I'm having problems with to remove login info?

#5 ·
Since it works on a different machine then we would need to focus on the computer.

in the search menu type credential manager and select it. Under Web Credentials you will see all the passwords the computer knows. If the website is listed here, click on it and remove the credentials and see if that helps.

#7 ·
Using Credential Manager I found the relevant credentials and removed them and the situation has changed in that the password and user name no longer show on the sites login page so I tried to re register but I still get an error message.
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Pattern

#9 ·
Hello plodr. Thanks for your reply. I have Bitdefender on one computer and BullGuard on the other. I had looked in the browser console and didn't see anything which isn't surprising because I hadn't noticed the Console button so thanks for that. This is what shows up in the Console.
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Document Number

#10 ·
My advice: on one of the computers, disable the av and see if that is causing the problem.
I don't run Windows 10 but if I did, the av I would use is the built in Windows Defender. I believe if you disable a 3rd party av, Windows Defender will start to protect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.