Website not viewing correctly in all browsers???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fabienne

Hello. I am a novice at web design & the small co. I work for has me doing their website. Now, when I view it on IE it looks fine... from work & home. However, I have been hearing that in Netscape it looks different & AOL users are seeing it all jumbled up to. I am using Frontpage 2002 to create it.
www.voxpopms.com
Any ideas what I should do to solve the problem? I dont even know where to begin.
:confused:

Hi. I just took an HTML class and one of the first things they teach you is that HTML code is recognized differently by different browsers. It is understandable, therefore, why you see the results you do. There are many HTML Tags that are not recognized by Netscape and perhaps AOL and they just "ignore" the instruction.

You probably will need to get hold of some documentation that clearly delineates which codes are recognized by which browsers.

Hope that helps....

I think it has to do with your SPAN tags and Netscape. It also looks like you are using Front Page to do your editing in. I would suggest a different editor like HomeSite or a free one that isn't so Microsoftcentric in it's cross browser compatibility.

COuple of things, stay away from layers and the span tag like said above. Applets arent a good idea either, because not everyone has java enabled.

But its definitely your span tag.

Don't use layers, try tables instead.

Also try a diferent editor, if you want a easy one to use get dreamweaver at www.macromedia.com there is a 30 day trial.

-snake

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online