1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

website publishing with mobirise

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by chrischarles, Dec 6, 2018.

1. chrischarles

chrischarles Thread Starter

I have a website already which is currently down pending redesign however I have created a new website totally separate from the existing one.
    I am ready to publish it but it is that long since I used the software I need a walk through
    An ftp site manager box loads. I click the ftp button, I then have three boxes to fill one with host domain .com and one with username and password
    go daddy just caused utter confusion so i am putting it out to you guys is the box with domain for go daddy or the new website domain
    username and password is it mobirise USERNAME AND PASSWORD or go daddys or is it the website domain username and password.
    i know it sounds basic but it is 3 years since i last published a site and i have to confess i cannot remember how i did it

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    It is the ftp credentials that you need. These will be to the hosting so in this cas to your hosting space on GoDaddy. These credentials may or may not be the same as your GoDaddy login details. In your GoDaddy control panel there should be and ftp option and in there you should be able to check what your login credentials are ( I have never hosted with GoDaddy so am not familiar with their hosting control panel).

3. MerlinMedici

MerlinMedici

GoDaddy has several hosting options, one of them being cPanel. You'd go to My Products, then Web Hosting then Manage your hosting account, whether cPanel or otherwise. Within the hosting account you should find the FTP credentials. The FTP credentials are NEVER the same as the GoDaddy login for security. They are typically something like [email protected] (not a real email, just a very long username)

You do need to have a hosting package with GoDaddy. Sometimes they give you one for free (or at least a year is free) with a promotion. It was unclear from your post whether your site was hosted by GoDaddy before or not. If you don't have a hosting package you'll have to pay for one before you have FTP credentials.

Lastly, the host box is going to be the IP address that GoDaddy gives you in the hosting page or the name of your domain (definitely not going to be mobirise's or godaddy's address)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice