1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

website redirect in chrome but not in IE

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Awastatyme, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awastatyme

Awastatyme Thread Starter

When I search in IE I have no problems searching, but I prefer to use Chrome over IE (My wife likes IE). When I search useing Chrome I some times get a rediect to another website.

I wrote down the last one that happend:
    I was searching for "ammo" and hit enter. Chrome listed normal search results. I clicked on the first result which was "Cheaper Than Dirt". The page sent me to a blank page "click.livesearchnow.com" followed by some greyed out letters, but before I could write them down it redirected me to "63.209.69.107/search/web/ammo/6679_a10/46251-3482/v5"
    once I was on this site, I could not use the back botton to go back. But if I click the back button on the "click.livesearchnow.com" page it would send me back to the search result page and if I click the same link it would send me to the correct website.

This happens at random as in sometimes I get the right site and sometimes I get the "click.livesearchnow.com" and the website I get redirected to after the "click.livesearchnow.com" is not always the same.
    I have ran MBAM and have found nothing and I use Microsoft Security Essentials and it does not find anything either.

Attached Files:

2. Awastatyme

Awastatyme Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice