1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Website repeatedly not available/internet backbone issues?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by WAHM, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAHM

WAHM Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I work at home for a large company via their secure website. For the past few weeks, there have been many times that I cannot get on the company's website (based in Internet Explorer). The website doesn't connect at all. During these times, I can access all other websites without any problems, so it is not a problem with my internet connectivity. The company keeps telling us that the problem is "an internet backbone routing issue" and there is nothing that they can do about it. My question is if this is really legit? Can there really be an issue that only affects my ability to access that one specific website while still being able to access all other websites without problems? I've checked my download and upload speeds through my ISP (I have a Road Runner cable connection) and they both looked good during these times. They claim that they can do nothing about this problem, but it has occured every day this week. Could it be some sort of problem on their end with their servers being overloaded or something? We are paid on production and don't get paid for downtime when their website is down. Is there anything I can do about this to prevent it from happening on my end? Thanks so much for the help!

2. deadlyslob

deadlyslob

I am also having the same issue. I can't access a very important website. Money is at stake actually. All other websites work but the one i am trying to use. Last night it was working untill i refreshed the page a few times and then bam, i was unable to access it since then. Please help us out!

3. avez

avez

WAHM, I wonder if you and I work for the same people. The problems I've been experiencing are a perfect mirror of yours. I've done everything I know and have been told to do to try to correct this problem and have finally been told that the whole thing relates to an Internet backbone problem that is particularly bad in the part of the country where I live. There's nothing like frustration for Christmas, especially since it affects whether or not we'll be able to pay rent!!!!! If anyone has any knowledge of this situation or suggestions to offer, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice