Website selling one product

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ScottBrush

I'm developing a website meant to sell a single product, an application I've developed in VB.Net Express. I'm using Visual Web Developer.Net Express to build my site.

It seems to me that I don't need a full-on shopping cart since only a single product is for sale. Can anyone suggest a way to take a payment and then make the page available which allows a user to run the setup procedure which installs my app on their PC?

you should be able to find a simple checkout app... it might cost few every month or something... im not sure how you go about giving them the file... perhaps once they buy the software a they are given an account... and use php to only allow a user to view the download page... you could even incorporated a database and only allow the user to download it a certain amount of times... thats the best i can offer..

p.s. im not sure how much of this will be useful... seeing as i've never used "Visual Web Developer.Net Express" I'm not even sure you can use php

You could just set up a website with a paypal button, or use google checkout.

Once people have paid, you could set it up so that you receive an e-mail. When you receive the e-mail, you send them a copy?

Alternatively, just use a normal e-commerce solution and list only that one product.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online