1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Websites question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sue C, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sue C

Sue C Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't know how to title this. Is there something you can do for when you go into a search engine and get the listing of sites you want to look at, but when you go to one of the sites, it won't let you hit "back" so you can go back to the service engine list? (why DOES this happen anyway?)

I use Internet Explorer 6.0.2800, Windows 98.

Also, if I can add on another question here. When I click on the "e" to go into IE, the screen always comes up small and I have to click on the upper right box to make it big. Is there a setting I can change so that when I click on the "e" I will automatically have full page screens?

Thanks much!
    Sue

2. $teve

$teve

hi sue:) it SHOULD allow you to use your back button but another way is to right click the site in the search engine and choose"open in new window"...that way you still have the search page.

2nd question is easy:)
    click on IE.....place your curser on a corner of the page until it changes into a kind of double ended arrow......now hold down the left mouse button and drag the page to any size you want.
    next time you open IE it will be full size.;)

3. Del

Del

You can also hold the shift key down when you click the link and it will open in a new window.

4. monted

monted

sometimes you can right-click the webpage you want to go back on and choose "back" at the top.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice