Websites stop loading on Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tedj11

I have a Dell XPS M1710, Vista home premium,

I have been using my laptop for a year with no problems at all. Yesterday, my windows updates, installed vista service pack 1.

Now, whenever I boot up my laptop and connect to my network, I can load up websites for about 10minutes and then they stop loading up completely.

When I restart my wireless router or try to reconnect to the network, it does not fix anything. All the other computers in the house are working wirelessly with no problems. When I restart my laptop, it solves the problem and I can access websites again, for 10mins, untill they stop loading again.

I can still access MSN messenger, online computer games, utorrent, it is only websites that stop loading. Seeing as this occured right after windows installed vista service pack 1, it seems obvious it has something to do with this.

I appreciate any help, thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you try uninstalling SP1? How about a system restore to when it was working?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online