1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weed Wacking and new Vinyl Fence

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by silverado4, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silverado4

silverado4 Thread Starter

Does anyone have a suggestions on what to do along new vinyl fence to protect it from my weed wacker so it won't get damaged? I would like something I could ride my lawnmower over next to border so maybe I wouldn't even have to weed wack. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

2. fieldhand1

fieldhand1

First Name:
    harry
    i use roundup. i have a neighbor that likes to use his weedeater on my fence. the fence is mine and is on my abstract. so i use roundup on both my and his side. no need to use a weedeater.

3. silverado4

My wife won't let me use round-up because she doesn't want to see dead grass next to fence. LOL

4. fieldhand1

fieldhand1

First Name:
    harry
    i get lawn paint at lowes. spray on with pump up sprayer.

5. silverado4

Does the paint look real? That sounds easy to put on with sprayer about 6" away from fence. Hum.... Just have to protect fence from paint..

6. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
  7. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    You can put bricks/concrete underneath the edges of the fence. This can help slow decay of the bottom of the fence, prevent digging (if you have dogs) and minimize weeds underneath the fence.

Then, you can pull back a bit on your weed trimming where it's not hitting the fence.

8. fieldhand1

fieldhand1

First Name:
    harry
    yes silverado4, the paint looks good like a 20 foot car paint job. not so much on my side as it is on my neighbors to keep them happy. a roundup of 2% mix works well. not a burn down but a slow kill.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice