1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weeeird prob! Plz HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by El_MaLhEcHoR, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. El_MaLhEcHoR

El_MaLhEcHoR Thread Starter

Hi All! I'm new here so hello to all!
    Anyways I'll be fast, my specs: P-IV 1.6GHz pc133 512 MB RAM ATI RADEON 9800XT and a 350 W Power Supply, so my prob is my system "sometimes", but most of the time freezes and crashes in the middle of a game-> most of times, but in 3D studio max happened too. The first time an error poped up but couldn't read it. I've done like 1000 tests in RAM, Video card, Catalysts drivers and nothing seems to be the prob... I was wondering: Maybe the 350W PS? Also when the pc crashes I can hear a sound like when the pc is turned off, but it dosn't turns off it just freezes and nothing can be done but to reset. Any Ideas suggesions? :confused: Thanks a lot. (y)

2. zmaster

zmaster

have you got the latest patches for the game and more importantly the latest drivers for your video card?

3. rude

rude

Also check the game's documentation to see if there are settings recommendations ie:screen resolution,refresh rate,page file size etc.

4. El_MaLhEcHoR

I've got all the latest patches and upgrades, and now the prob is happening everywhere not just games!!!

5. zmaster

zmaster

whats your refresh rate and your resolution set at? right click on desktop -> properties --> settings. I think you have a video card problem. I doubt its a power supply problem unless your running heaps of stuff off it. How long have you had your ATI RADEON 9800XT? Download a program called speedfan. It monitors temperatures. I am thinking maybe your radeon might be getting too hot.

6. El_MaLhEcHoR

Tnx for the info on the speeedfan, but actually ATI in their Catalysts included a temperature monitor, and my radeon is at 69° - 70°... (anyways I'm downloading it) And the refresh rate I have is set at 85 hrz, resolution: 1152 X 864. And I've been with this Radeon for 1 year, I bought it in Jan, and NEVER had this prob... but, now that I remember the last thing I did with the card was to overclock it with an ATI utility (now I have this option disabled)... Maybe this has something to be?

7. zmaster

zmaster

Yeah that was gonna be my next question if you had overclocked it. 69* is quite high. well see how it goes for awhile, let us know if it fixes the problem

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice