1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Beep

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by heart_eater, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heart_eater

heart_eater Thread Starter

:confused: Hello, hope you can help me with this one.

I have Windows XP pro
    version 2002

When I was using the burning rom it froze before it started to burn, everything froze so i restarted it

You see before the Windows XP screen there's a black screen right?,
    well i get an alarm type of sound twice when the "... "appears, besides the other normal beep sounds, i really dont know where to check because the OS seem fine...

thank you

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

3. kronus

kronus

Alarm type beep codes can indicate numerous things. Basically, your motherboard is telling you something is seriously wrong. Check that your fans are turning, Check that your power supply is delivering the proper voltages. Download everest http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

This will give you just about all you need to troubleshoot this code. Once you have it running, expand 'computer' and click on 'sensor.' This will display all the attributes your motherboard monitors. Look at the power section. Check that all the +12v -12v +5v -5v all fall within +/-10% Post your fan speeds here. Ask lots of questions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice