1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird beeping in headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kg6, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kg6

Kg6 Thread Starter

Hi!

I recently purchased a usb headset and I'm having some problems with it. It's always producing a soft beeping, kind of like morse code but faster. I also regularly hear the sound you get when someone is about to receive a text message (cell phone interference), like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0O1_FYzbjw but longer and without a visible cause. The beeping is the most annoying though, since it's always there.

Some things I tried:

- The headset works perfectly on another pc.
    - The same problem in all usb ports.
    - I tried moving the pc to another part of the house, it's the same everywhere.
    - Raising or lowering the sound volume has no effect on the volume of the beeping.
    - If I play music or a video, the beeping remains. If the music is loud enough, I don't hear it anymore.
    - I updated some drivers (usb, sound) without effect.

What's weird is that it seems like the pc itself is the source of the sound, whether the headset is plugged in or not. There seems to be some very silent beeping around the power inlet. Somehow this seems to be transferred to and amplified by the headphones. I tested all fans I can see (by stopping them briefly) and removed the dust inside, without results.

Also, very strangely, if I go to "recording devices" and just leave that tab open, the sound disappears almost completely (it seems to become very silent).

Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice