1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Weird behavior, missing storage, etc. And only on WiFi.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Alpha227, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha227

Alpha227 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8097 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA NVS 5200M, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 297 GB (93 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 07Y85M
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

So, i have a bit of an issue with this three week old install of Windows 7 I think....

It started with the subtle opening of a Bluestacks game I had, assumed it was a glitch.
    Then these two WiFi networks liking to cut out on me, one usually does that, did with my old laptop too, but is doing it more often.
    Programs opening on their own. Shortcuts on desktop taking a long time to display on startup, slow startup and shutdown.
    Malwarebytes came up empty when i was using the trial. Avast Free also does the same. And Windows Defender.
    Then comes random bandwidth cutouts, and the VirusTotal site starts with a different UI/Font, and most recently didnt want to read a file hash yesterday. Security related downloads struggle to downlaod, and when i tried running one it started to hang, VirusTotal scan said it was infected when i have used that downlaod before in the past, and it wasnt and VirusTotal reported it to be clean, reccomended by another tech site, i would doubt they would give me an infected file. All security related downlaods take a another try or two to download.
    Minecraft starts giving me issues with a few out-of-the-ordinary crashes that say "whilst updating screen", and connection issues with sepcific servers/versions. Yandere Simulator takes 6-7 tries to download its game files and claims it was blocked by AV or Firewall, which it was not, despite the fact it was already downloading.
    Youtube doesnt want to hit play at times, or pause, whne i hit the space bar. Reconnect to the WiFi or pausing it to do soemthing real quick. Either have to make a new tab and reload the page, or reload the page on the same tab. Chrome and Firefox did the same thing.
    Wifi starts random "No Internet Access" errors on specific WiFi.
    Now the big blow. I had around 120 GB of storage free (created 40 GB Ubuntu VM, thats hwo it was down from 160 GB), and all of a sudden it turns into 93 GB, and ONLY while im on the internet.

Thing is, I CAN NOT dissconnect this laptop from the internet. It is one of my primary sources/needed for internet usage. It HAS to be on the intenet as much as possible, pretty much the only time it isnt is unless im sleeping, or in sleep mode, or hibernate mode.

Windows Firewall is enabled.

This is my laptop i use for all my things, Gaming/Youtube/General Internet Usage/Video Editing/Projects, I CANNOT have it out of service. Do note I am in need to do 6 Windows Updates (procrastinator, besides I need to use it constnatly and dont always have time, or on good enough internet at times).

Edit: Wifi did disable itself once, and restarts dont fix the WiFi issue or glitches really.

Also, Minecraft wants to freeze occasionally, and i shouldnt get 2 GB RAM usage on audiodg.exe, as that happened once. And ending the process, the audio works this time, anoter time it does not. And on top of that, my Virtualbox guest additions seem to not work right though nothing inside the actual Ubuntu VM is affected. (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS VM)

Edit 2: Nevermind about the storage dissapearing. I just found out Fortnite decided to auto update, uninstalled as I rarely, if ever play it. Also deleted my 1.4 GB of Temp files if that helps.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice