1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird CD-ROM occurence

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rameam, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rameam

rameam Thread Starter

This is weird! When I finished working on some Word docs, I got my CD out that I always save my work on. It is labeled 'Pers Files'. I inadvertently put it in the CD-ROM, and when I opened My Computer, the disk had a number on it, which it does when you don't label it. I have several that way. Still not realizing that the disk I put in was labeled, I opened it, and much to my surprise, on the screen was the contents of a disk that I haven't had in my drive for 2 months or more. To say the least, I was shocked and bewildered. It was then that I realized that I had put the disk in the wrong drive, so I took it out and put it in the CDRW. This time when I opened it, it showed the right contents. After I finished saving my work, I put the disk back in the other drive and it showed the right contents. I have no earthly idea how the drive read a disk which was in its case in the CD holder. Has anybody ever experienced such as this?
    Also when I went to save my work, since I have direct CD, I right clicked on the doc I wanted to save, went to 'Send to', but the drive F, which was there yesterday, was not there today. How do I put it back in there?
    Computers are weird!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/175853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice