1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

weird computer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ride on, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ride on

ride on Thread Starter

Hi

I'm very confused with my computer. For some reason it keeps crashing and I dont know how. The screens freeze up or else it takes ages to do anything. Because of this I tried to do a backup but it was taking ages - 2hours 8mins and I was on disk 41 with 781 files to be processed in total and i had only got through 156 in all that time.

Are back ups a good idea? If so can anyone advise which type of disk is better to use

Thanks

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Forget the backup for now. You're backing up a pc that crashes.

Clean it up first. Go to:

http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

Follow the directions.

If your PC is still crashing, let us know.

Also, let us know the operating system (95, 98, Me??).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice