1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Diablo 2 LOD start up problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheDeathOfRadio, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheDeathOfRadio

TheDeathOfRadio Thread Starter

I'm running Vista, and when I have just plain old D2, it starts up fine, but with LOD, it takes about 5-10 minutes to start, and cycles through all the keys, upper and lowercase in the upper left corner of the screen. Anyone know what's wrong and/or how to fix it?

2. like 45 ninjas.

like 45 ninjas.

try running it in compatiblity mode for windows xp
    right click on the game icon
    and select the compatibitlity option
    then select windows xp
    if that doesn't work
    try windows 2000 or windows 98

3. TheDeathOfRadio

TheDeathOfRadio Thread Starter

Already done both, I had the problem before, and fixed it, but I can't remember how. I haven't played D2 in about a year.

4. ChargingPaladin

ChargingPaladin

I'm currently having the exact same issue; just installed D2 LOD last night. I've tried running it with the actual CD and mounted in Daemon Tools; various compatibility settings with no luck.

I'll keep trying and post if I find anything. Let me know if anything surfaces.

5. Deathripper

Deathripper

Hey i also had this problem a couple of minutes ago. First switch Game.exe to Windows XP compatability, then run D2VidTst.exe :) After that run Game.exe and it should work! Good luck!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/712588