1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird DVD-RW problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Perad, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perad

Perad Thread Starter

I have had it for about a year now, i have 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD-RW, both are plugged in and both work fine, they have been set to master and slave.

My problem is when I start up my computer my DVD-RW pops in and out and keeps doing this until i restart my comp. During this time its not functional. Once i have restarted the computer once this problem vanishes. Does anyoneknow what can be causing this, its a just started to get a little bit irritating as of late as i have to switch on my computer twice just to make it work normally.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you tried only running the DVD-RW on the cable and see if it still has the problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice