Weird freeze problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Reviloh

My pc broke a few months back, so I decided to (cheaply) upgrade all my parts, CPU, Video Card etc. instead of just having it fixed. About 2 weeks after I built it, it started playing up. It works like a dream, everything fine. Gaming, browsing, even streaming games. However, randomly, it will sort of freeze but not completely. My browser won't load anything, no applications will open (basically I can click to open anything, but it will be a kind of 1 minute delay until it stops the weird freezing and then everything I clicked on will open) and if I happen to be playing a game when it does, only then will it freeze my pc completely and I'll have to do a force restart. Usually it only lasts about 1 minute and then everything will be fine. It's not my internet. My hard drive/ram are the only things I didn't upgrade so I'm leaning towards those being the issue since they are about 5 years old.

Specs:

CPU - AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 4.40ghz
RAM - 6gb
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium

If you need anything else ask and I shall provide.
Many thanks for reading,
R.

dustyjay

Jay
You have not given a complete set of specs for your system, If it is a custom build you need to post the exact motherboard manufacturer and model including any revision, Also the exact manufacturer and model power supply. If a modified Big Box brand (Dell, HP/Compaq, Acer, etc....) the exact model

Reviloh

You have not given a complete set of specs for your system, If it is a custom build you need to post the exact motherboard manufacturer and model including any revision, Also the exact manufacturer and model power supply. If a modified Big Box brand (Dell, HP/Compaq, Acer, etc....) the exact model
Manufacturer and model of motherboard - ASUS - A88XM-PLUS
Power supply - Corsair - CS450M
No idea about the model previously.
Thanks.

dustyjay

Jay
Part of your problem could be the Lowend Corsair power supply (AX HX and TX are the models you should be using)and your choice of Video Card could be drawing more power than you PSU can consistently provide.

Reviloh

Part of your problem could be the Lowend Corsair power supply (AX HX and TX are the models you should be using)and your choice of Video Card could be drawing more power than you PSU can consistently provide.
Okay, thanks for the reply, I'll have to get a higher end power supply.
Greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online