1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird freeze problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reviloh, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Reviloh

Reviloh Thread Starter

My pc broke a few months back, so I decided to (cheaply) upgrade all my parts, CPU, Video Card etc. instead of just having it fixed. About 2 weeks after I built it, it started playing up. It works like a dream, everything fine. Gaming, browsing, even streaming games. However, randomly, it will sort of freeze but not completely. My browser won't load anything, no applications will open (basically I can click to open anything, but it will be a kind of 1 minute delay until it stops the weird freezing and then everything I clicked on will open) and if I happen to be playing a game when it does, only then will it freeze my pc completely and I'll have to do a force restart. Usually it only lasts about 1 minute and then everything will be fine. It's not my internet. My hard drive/ram are the only things I didn't upgrade so I'm leaning towards those being the issue since they are about 5 years old.

Specs:

CPU - AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 4.40ghz
    RAM - 6gb
    Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    OS - Windows 7 Home Premium

If you need anything else ask and I shall provide.
    Many thanks for reading,
    R.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You have not given a complete set of specs for your system, If it is a custom build you need to post the exact motherboard manufacturer and model including any revision, Also the exact manufacturer and model power supply. If a modified Big Box brand (Dell, HP/Compaq, Acer, etc....) the exact model

3. Reviloh

Reviloh Thread Starter

Manufacturer and model of motherboard - ASUS - A88XM-PLUS
    Power supply - Corsair - CS450M
    No idea about the model previously.
    Thanks.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Part of your problem could be the Lowend Corsair power supply (AX HX and TX are the models you should be using)and your choice of Video Card could be drawing more power than you PSU can consistently provide.

5. Reviloh

Reviloh Thread Starter

Okay, thanks for the reply, I'll have to get a higher end power supply.
    Greatly appreciated.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice