1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird graphics problems in Vista...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by twiddleman, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twiddleman

twiddleman Thread Starter

Hi,
    I bought my laptop with Vista Premium on it about 3-4 months ago now, and everything has been totally fine...that was until the other day I started noticing strange problems with Windows Aero.

I noticed (when looking at the desktop with no programs running) that the taskbar had changed to a...'murky' green-brown colour as opposed to black-grey, and that any text on the taskbar has become slightly blurry.

HOWEVER...

When I load a window up and maximise it (for example Internet Explorer) the taskbar changes back to being black again, but the text is still blurred.

This is ever-so-slightly annoying, because I'm being forced to run it in Windows Basic which isn't as pretty and less showy-offy :D

Anyone got any ideas of whats happened?

Cheers,
    Dave

2. twiddleman

Also, I understand that my graphics card isn't the best, but it worked absolutely brilliantly before...hmmm...strange?

3. twiddleman

Anyone? :confused:

4. TechB

TechB

What desktop background are you using? With Aero Glass the task bar is semi-transparent until you maximize a window. With some backgrounds this may not work so well. In the Window color and Appearance window changing the Color Intensity may help or a different background may help.

5. fast586

fast586

Check the manufacturer; (Intel, nVidia, ATI, etc) of the on-board video card you have. Have you checked the laptop manufacturer's web site for an updated driver-there may be issues with the existing driver that are causing your problem.

It's best to go to the laptop manufacturer's website to check for an update. You might even call them and have to them check for a tech bulletin involving a problem like you're having. If that doesn't work, try running Windows Update manually. Click on the Windows Update icon on your program menu and when you connect to Microsoft's site, choose CUSTOM, not automatic. This gives you the ability to scan through the updates and pick and choose what you're looking for, in this case look for hardware, and choose video driver if you see an update.

If you find an update choose it and let it download. You'll most likely be required to reboot after the update.

Hope that helps.

fast586

6. twiddleman

Thanks.
    Weird, I never noticed it...hmmm...
    Yeah I'll see if I can get some updates, might or might not solve the problem thats probably not there for all I know now lol.
    Cheers,
    Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice