1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird IE6 SP1 bug

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mancode20, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mancode20

mancode20 Thread Starter

When I go to download a file and the dialog box pops up asking me to run or save the file and I select save, it takes me into the usual setup where I can specify what folder I want to save it in, and that's all well and good but here's the tricky part, if I see an old file in there that I want to delete first (Like say I'm replacing an older version of MSN Messenger) I go to delete the old version through that same file save window, then I close that window and start my download again, but guess what happens? IE completely crashes. Anyone know why this is? It never used to happen before. I think it has something to do with me having Windows XP SP1, then uninstalling it, but then still using IE 6 SP1. I don't know, just wondering if anyone has heard of this bug? It's nothing major obviously, just curious.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice