Weird image display in IE 8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Peano

Banned
When I click thumbnails to display images, the image briefly changes size while opening. Hard to explain, so here's a video screen shot that lets you see the problem (click the triangular button in the center of the screen to play the video):
http://www.radiantpics.com/IEscreenshot.swf

Here's the same web page, if you want to try it on your copy of IE 8:
http://www.radiantpics.com/portfolio.html

This never happened before in IE 8. Just started recently ... possibly after a Microsoft update? Would appreciate any suggestions for making this stop. I find it very distracting.

Even if you don't have a fix, I would appreciate your telling me if your display "jumps" the same way when you click the thumbnails.

Thanks very much.

Quite honestly I don't see any movement in your swf?
So I am not sure what you are experiencing.

(It might be irrelevant because I'm using IE7)

Peano

Banned
Quite honestly I don't see any movement in your swf?
So I am not sure what you are experiencing.

(It might be irrelevant because I'm using IE7)
Thanks for your reply. That's just really strange, because it's a video screen capture and shouldn't be dependent on how you view it. Even when I view it in Firefox, I can see the images briefly jump to a larger size as they load.

Maybe someone else will see it ... :confused:

Sorry....my media player was started and "playing."
Had no idea that was an interactive button.

Yes, I see the "jump" now. And, yes my browser does
not do that. First thought, did you clear your cache?

Second thought, either reset your browser.
Tools->Internet Options->Advanced Tab
Reset Internet Explorer settings.
In IE7 it is a button down at the bottom of the tab.

Or do a system restore to before that started happening.

Peano

Banned
Sorry....my media player was started and "playing."
Had no idea that was an interactive button.

Yes, I see the "jump" now. And, yes my browser does
not do that. First thought, did you clear your cache?

Second thought, either reset your browser.
Tools->Internet Options->Advanced Tab
Reset Internet Explorer settings.
In IE7 it is a button down at the bottom of the tab.
Thanks for the suggestions. Clearing cache and resetting the browser doesn't make the jumping stop. It's probably just another "improvement" in IE8. I use Firefox as my regular browser, so I don't have to put up with it.

Peano

Banned
Does the problem only show up on your site (with IE)?
I'm not sure. I don't know of a site that displays images the way mine does -- opening same-size images in same window. I'll look around.

Zoomfolio sites like this one (http://newfie.zenfolio.com/p565306919) work something like that, but even the fade-in/fade-out feature of IE doesn't work on this one.

Good thought though. I'll have to look around. Maybe it's the coding on my site, but I never had this before, and I haven't changed any of the coding.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online