1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird internet connection problem while playing high specs games

Discussion in 'Games' started by cristii, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristii

cristii Thread Starter

Hi!

I choose to start this thread because i couldn't find the same behaviour anywhere else.

So when i start playing a game (e.g CS:GO) the games runs smoothly and all is good for about 15 minutes give or take. After that period of time my internet connection suddenly drops. If i only disable and enable my connection it will go back online but only for another 15 minutes or so if i start playing a game again. If i restart the pc i can play the game as much as i want without any problems.

In conclusion when i first start the pc after a long time of power off i get this problem but after the first restart it s all gone. I can't wrap my head around the source of this problem. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

I forgot to mention that i have this problem on a desktop pc with a wired connection.

My specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 2.8 GHz Number of Cores 8 CPU ID BFEBFBFF000106A5 Family 06 Model 1A Stepping 5 Revision 11 Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series Manufacturer ATI Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series Dedicated Memory 1.0 GB Total Memory 3.7 GB Pixel Shader Version 5.0 Vertex Shader Version 5.0 Hardware T & L Yes Vendor ID 1002 Device ID 6899 Plug and Play ID VEN1002&DEV6899&SUBSYS03301043&REV00 Driver Version 8.930.0.0 Memory 6.2 GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit Service Pack 1 Size 64 Bit Edition Ultimate Version 6.1.7601 Locale 0409 BIOS BIOS Date: 07/28/09 15:18:19 Ver: 08.00.15 Version American Megatrends Inc. 0904 Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc. Date 07/28/09

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

Have you tried a speed test before and after the drop? Are you wired or wireless? if your having a speed drop? You might need to talk to your internet provider.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice