1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Weird Internet Error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Cysko, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cysko

Cysko Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I have this weird internet problem since yesterday that I couldn't figure out, and maybe you guys can. For some weird reason, when my computer is turned off, my dsl modem works fine and I can normally access my internet on my laptop. However, When I turned on the computer, almost immediately, the internet light on the modem keeps blinking while it looks for a connection, and never stays solid. I inspected the wires and cords and made sure they were plugged in correctly, I tried plugging the dsl modem directly to my computer, rather then to the wireless router, and it still didn't work as long as my computer was on. My bet is on some firewall issue or even power supply issue, But I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm thinking along the lines of some sort of A/C power line problem.

3. Cysko

Cysko Thread Starter

Yeah, it could be power supply because I tried something else today. I placed the computer on standby (low-power mode), and the dsl started working again. Just in case though, I'm going to try plugging some other hardrive into my comp, to see if any programs are affecting the network connections. If the dsl light is still blinking, I can guess the issue is external. Thanks, Checking....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice